With the Kids Fly Free program, Frontier Airlines really is taking their slogan “Low Fares Done Right” to the next level. Before you read any further, yes, your kids actually can fly for free and it isn’t that hard. Of course, there are a few conditions that must be met. But, if you have a somewhat flexible schedule then your next family vacation can be even more affordable!
Kids Fly Free (sometimes)
Of course, the Kids Fly Free program, like anything else that is free has a series of terms and conditions. The first is that you must be a member of their Discount Den program. If you fly at minimum, more than twice a year (or once a year with two people), then there is a good chance this program can save you money. We have an extensive article covering in detail the pros and cons of Frontier’s Discount Den. Additionally, if you are interested in checking out Frontier’s page on it then click on the image below.
Kids Fly Free: Condition 1, 2, 3….
After your the biggest roadblock of being a Discount Den member is overcome there are many smaller conditions. Each one is not too hard to meet but they do add up.
- Fortunately for travelers, Frontier has a broad definition of “Kids” and anyone under 15 can qualify for a free ticket.
- You must purchase one adult ticket for every free ticket you receive.
- Booking through Frontier’s website is a must. So, if you use a booking website like Expedia or Kayak this offer won’t apply.
- The flight must be a domestic flight and cannot include overnight layovers. (Who wants an overnight layover anyways?)
- The offer does not extend to bags beyond your carry-on, or other travel add-ons.
- The miles for the free tickets do not apply to your Frontier Miles total.
One Last Condition
This is where you are going to need to be a bit flexible as a traveler. Frontier only offers the free tickets on lower volume flight days. These dates are typically on Tuesday and Wednesday with an occasional Saturday. Here is the full list as published by Frontier.
- February – 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- March – 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- April – 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30
- May – 1, 4, 7, 8, 11, 14, 15, 18, 21, 22, 29
- June – 1, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
- July – 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- August – 5, 6
Kids Fly Free With Frontier: Is it worth it?
99% of the time, yes! If you plan your family vacations well in advance you could easily save hundreds. Of course if you have to leave and arrive on the weekends that might be a deal breaker. Otherwise, there is no reason to pass up free tickets.
Comment below to let us know if you have used Frontier’s Kids Fly Free program and what your experience was.